Why is it important to publish performance reports?
Bluewater Health is pleased to share reports of our performance not only as a means of communicating and demonstrating the quality of care provided at our hospital and our plans to improve healthcare experiences, but also as an indication of our commitment to accountability and transparency to our community, patients, and staff.
What is the purpose of measuring and reporting our performance?
Bluewater Health measures and reports performance for many reasons:
- To monitor our progress in achieving the desired outcomes of our strategic plan.
- To check that our efforts to improve the quality of care at Bluewater Health, as outlined in our Quality Improvement Plan (QIP), are truly resulting in better and safer care.
- To comply with Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) and Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) requirements for publicly reported patient safety measures as a condition of receiving funding for the care and services we deliver.
Learn more about Bluewater Health’s performance for a single measure aligned with our strategic plan, QIP, or a publicly reported patient safety measure by clicking on it in the list below. Note that in many cases, a measure may align with more than one reason to report performance. Or, review the full report of all 20 measures together by clicking here.
How often are performance reports updated?
Different measures of performance are monitored at different frequencies depending on how often new information is available; some are reviewed daily while others may be reviewed weekly, monthly, or quarterly by staff, physicians, managers, executives, and Board members. The performance reports published here will be updated as new information is available (refer to Last Updated column of chart).
In what other ways does Bluewater Health measure performance and demonstrate accountability?
- Our Quality Improvement Plan (QIP)
- H-SAA (Hospital Service Accountability Agreement)
- Financial Statements
- Expense Reporting
Where can I learn more about Bluewater Health’s performance?
Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care website:
Health Quality Ontario website:
Historical performance—Hospital Reports (1999-2008): http://www.oha.com/KnowledgeCentre/Library/HospitalReports/Pages/HospitalReports.aspx