Our Mission: We provide comprehensive cancer care by embracing all aspects of health and healing: caring for the body, educating the mind, and nurturing strength and courage.
Bluewater Health’s Cancer Care Assessment & Treatment Centre is an innovative service for patients who are diagnosed with cancer, and their families.
Having cancer and seeking treatment can be overwhelming, and the complex nature of cancer often requires that patients go to different places for tests, treatments and information. The Cancer Care Assessment & Treatment Centre provides patients and their families with access to the best possible cancer treatment and support available close to home – cancer care that is organized around and with patients and their families.
The goals of the centre are to:
- Help address the burden of cancer for those in Sarnia-Lambton by providing care that is close to home.
- Lessen the time and anxiety between suspicion of cancer and the confirmation of diagnosis.
- Improve the quality of cancer care services, such as wait times for surgery.
- Provide treatment that is the most up to date and based on the best available evidence.
- Improve the patient experience by having a Patient Navigator to provide support, promote continuity of care, and create necessary linkages with community agencies.
- Improve access to the testing needed to confirm a cancer diagnosis.
For more information Click Here.
Hospital News included a story on the Assessment & Treatment Centre in it's Janurary 2012 issue, to read the story Click Here.