Bluewater Health is committed to patient and family-centered care.
Our Patient Declaration of Values describes the values that are most important to patients and families while in our care.
Patient Declaration of Values
As a patient at Bluewater Health, I value that…
- My family and I will be treated with dignity, respect, and kindness.
- You will keep me safe and protect me from harm.
- We will have honest and clear communication about my health and my care.
- You will know what to do to help me.
These values are supported by Bluewater Health’s Patient Rights and Responsibilities.
Patient Rights and Responsibilities
As a patient you have the right to…
- Be treated with respect and courtesy
- Receive the right care at the right time
- Be cared for in a safe environment
- Be cared for without discrimination
- Know the names and roles of the people caring for you
- Receive all information necessary to make informed choices
- Ask to see your health record
- Be provided with an interpreter, when necessary
- Your privacy and confidentiality
As a patient you have a responsibility to…