Bluewater Health’s Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centre offers safe, timely and supportive response to victims of sexual assault and domestic violence.
Our specially trained team of doctors and nurses are dedicated to providing comprehensive care for patients who have experienced a recent sexual or domestic assault, 24/7. This service is available to men, women and children.
Patients' options are explained to them, and may include:
To access services from the Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centre at Bluewater Health:
- Crisis intervention, medical care and treatment for injuries as required.
- Medications to help prevent the transmission of sexually transmitted infections and pregnancy as required.
- Photographic documentation of injuries as required.
- Sexual Assault Evidence Kit and examination as appropriate.
- Safety planning.
- Contact with police, but only with the patient's permission.
- Referral to community agencies for counseling, shelter or legal services.
- Follow-up care for medical concerns and injury documentation.
- Come to the Emergency Department at Bluewater Health in Sarnia.
- Call switchboard (ext. 0) and ask to speak to the nurse on-call.
- Call the Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centre at 519-464-4522, Monday to Friday from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Please click here for a list of local resources and websites for victims of sexual or domestic abuse.
Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centre
Level 2, Norman Building
89 Norman Street, Sarnia, ON N7T 6S3
Hours & Contact:
Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm