Bluewater Health’s Sexual/Domestic Assault Treatment Centre offers safe, timely and supportive response to victims of sexual and domestic assault.
Our specially trained team of doctors and nurses are dedicated to providing comprehensive care for patients who have experienced a recent sexual or domestic assault, 24/7. This service is available to men, women and children.
Your options will be explained to you, and may include:
To access services from the Sexual/Domestic Assault Treatment Centre at Bluewater Health, you can:
- Crisis intervention
- Medical care and treatment for injuries as required
- Medications to help prevention the transmission of sexually transmitted infections and pregnancy as required
- Photographic documentation of injuries as required
- Sexual Assault Evidence Kit and examination as appropriate
- Safety planning
- Contact with Police, but only with your permission
- Referral to community agencies for counseling, shelter or legal services
- Follow-up care for medical concerns and injury documentation
Please click here for a list of local resources and websites for victims of sexual or domestic abuse.
- Come to Emergency Department at Bluewater Health in Sarnia
- Call switchboard (Ext. 0) and ask to speak to the Sexual/Domestic Assault Treatment nurse on-call
- Call the Sexual/Domestic Assault Treatment Centre at 519-464-4400, Ext. 4522, Monday to Friday, from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm