Student volunteering provides the opportunity to explore new career options and gain experience in a healthcare environment, while helping others and giving back to the community.
To participate in the student volunteer program you must be a high school student at least 16 years of age. Students are asked to commit to 50 volunteer hours during the school year, one shift per week or on weekends. During the summer months of July and August, students can schedule two shifts per week.
If you're interested in pursuing an adult volunteer opportunity:
- Submit an application form;
- Attend a placement interview with Volunteer Resources;
- Pass a health clearance with the Occupational Health & Safety Department, including a 2-step Tuberculosis test, review of your immunization record and the completion of a general health questionnaire;
- Sign a confidentiality agreement to protect the privacy of our patients and their families;
- Attend hospital orientation; and
- Complete specific training for your placement area with an experienced volunteer and/or staff member.
Level 1, Russell Building
89 Norman Street, Sarnia, ON N7T 6S3
Tel: 519-464-4400, Ext. 5406
You may direct your inquiries to Lisa Hendra-Pavey, Manager, Volunteer Resources, by email.