Things to Know
Congratulations on joining the Bluewater Health team!
Prior to your first day of work, there are some preliminary steps that must be completed before you can start work.
Please see the department information below for an overview of your requirements to get ready for your first day of work.
- Human Resources
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Organizational Development
Your first day of work will likely be at Corporate Orientation. Check out the Corporate Orientation overview of the day and the orientation dates for the year. For some of you, your first day of work will be in your department. Be sure to connect with your manager for arrangements.
We’re excited to have you join the Bluewater Health team. Please note the following requirements that need to be in place before starting your new job:
- Vulnerable Sector Criminal Background Check;
- Documentation papers as outlined in your offer letter;
- Obtain your ID badge
- Your photo for your ID badge is taken when you come to Human Resources to sign your paperwork.
- The photo ID badge provides you with access throughout the hospital and will be activated on your first day at Bluewater Health.
- Confirm your preference for parking on site; and
- Call Occupational Health and Safety to arrange your health screening 519-464-4400 Ext. 4420.
Occupational Health & Safety
Your appointment with the Occupational Health & Safety nurse is a pre-requisite, so call to make your appointment as soon as possible. The appointment will take approximately one hour and we will complete the pre-health screening questionnaire which covers the following:
- Communicable disease screening protocols for tuberculosis, varicella (chickenpox), measles, mumps, and rubella;
- Vaccination dates related to tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis (tdap), hepatitis B, and influenza;
- Blood work as needed based on vaccination and communicable disease screening responses; and
- N95 respiratory fit testing based on hazards of work area.
In addition, we will cover the services offered by our department and provide basic information about:
- Employee Family Assistance Programs;
- Employee Incident Reports;
- Medical documentation for sick leaves;
- First aid locations; and
- Blood and body exposure protocol.
Call Occupational Health and Safety to book your appointment, at 519-464-4400 Ext. 4420.
Employee parking is available for $45.00 per month.
Your ID badge, which is obtained in Human Resources, will be activated to grant you access to the parking lot. If you have any issues or you wish to make changes to your parking, please contact the Parking Office.
The Organizational Development department coordinates your corporate orientation day. You will receive a reminder email by the Friday before your scheduled corporate orientation date.
In the event of an emergency and you are unable to attend your scheduled orientation day, please let us know as soon as possible.
On rare occasions, due to inclement weather, corporate orientation may be canceled. Any announcements regarding changes to corporate orientation will be posted on this site, so check back if you have questions.
Contact Michelle Mullen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-464-4400 Ext. 7060.