Hand and Upper Limb Rehabilitation (Outpatient Occupational Therapy)
Hand therapy at Bluewater Health is an occupational therapy outpatient service that provides specialized treatment to those with conditions impacting the hand, wrist or elbow. The program offers rehabilitation to patients with fractures, injured tendons, burns or damaged nerves following an accident or trauma. Post-operative therapy, as well as treatment to manage symptoms related to chronic disorders, such as carpel tunnel syndrome, Dupuyten’s disease or arthritis can also be provided.
An Occupational Therapist in this program will help patients:
- Improve range of motion and strength to maximize functional use of the affected or operated limb
- Manage pain and/or control swelling through various modalities
- Splint fabrication to protect, maintain or restore a desired position or movement
- Develop aids or compensatory strategies to facilitate greater independence with daily tasks and activities
- This program is funded by OHIP. A referral must be made by your physician, nurse practitioner, or surgeon to access the program. There is no specific referral form.
- The program is located within the hospital in the outpatient therapy department which is fully accessible. Patients must arrange their own transportation to and from appointments. If you need assistance finding transportation, we can recommend available services.
Hand and Upper Limb Rehabilitation - Outpatient Occupational Therapy
Level 2, London Building
89 Norman Street, Sarnia, Ontario N7T 6S3