Our Mission is We provide comprehensive cancer care by embracing all aspects of health and healing: caring for the body, educating the mind, and nurturing strength and courage.
Bluewater Health’s Cancer Care Assessment & Treatment Centre is an innovative service for patients who are diagnosed with cancer, and their families.
Having cancer and seeking treatment can be overwhelming, and the complex nature of cancer often requires that patients go to different places for tests, treatments and information. The Cancer Care Assessment & Treatment Centre provides patients and their families with access to the best possible cancer treatment and support available close to home – cancer care that is organized around and with patients and their families to support all of their needs – not just the physical ones.
The goals of the centre are to:
- Help address the burden of cancer for those in Sarnia-Lambton by providing patient and family-centred care that is close to home. When it is necessary in your journey to travel to another centre, we will help connect you with our partners in care outside of Sarnia-Lambton.
- Lessen the time and anxiety between suspicion of cancer and the confirmation of diagnosis.
- Improve the quality of cancer care services, such as wait times for surgery.
- Provide treatment that is the most up to date and based on the best available evidence.
- Improve the patient experience by having a Patient Navigator to provide support, explain tests and treatment options, promote continuity of care, and create necessary linkages with community agencies.
- Improve access to the testing needed to confirm a cancer diagnosis.
The Cancer Care Assessment & Treatment Centre has priority access to excellent diagnostic, radiology, pathology and surgery services, resulting in decreased wait times. It is important to move the process along as quickly as possible and to do this we coordinate with family doctors, surgeons, and specialists, so that everyone is working together, with you and for you. We can also direct you to community services that may be of benefit to you or your family members. You have a team of people on your side to support you in your cancer journey.
Best Information and Treatment
Doctors and other healthcare providers at Bluewater Health provide care for you in a team-based approach using the best information available to diagnose and treat your cancer. The healthcare team works in collaboration with local, regional and provincial cancer experts to provide care that is based on the most recent research by Cancer Care Ontario. As part of our commitment to delivering top-notch care, Bluewater Health has developed Diagnostic Assessment Programs to provide a clear and comprehensive pathway that help to steer the diagnosis, treatment and if necessary, palliative, phases of your cancer journey.
We currently focus on four primary cancer disease sites (breast, prostate, lung and colorectal) as these account for over 80% of all cancers diagnosed. Primary healthcare providers (MDs and NPs) can send a patient referral to our team by completing the appropriate referral form.
Cancer Care Assessment & Treatment Centre
Level 2, Norman Building
Bluewater Health, Sarnia
89 Norman Street, Sarnia, Ontario N7T 6S3
Hours & Contact
Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Closed Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays