Our social workers provide a wide range of support and services to patients and families across all program areas at the hospital. As an integral part of the healthcare team, they play a vital role in helping patients and their families cope with the issues that can accompany hospitalization.
Social workers help patients and their families:
- Deal with crises
- Cope with illness and other life stressors
- Help with grief, loss and bereavement issues
- Identify and solve problems with relationships
- Enhance communication with the medical treatment team to enable patients and families to be active partners in their own healthcare
- Discharge planning
- Access hospital and community services
- Provide information on and referral to community resources for treatment and support
The Social Work profession is regulated under the Social Work and Social Service Work Act, 1998. All social workers at the hospital are registered members of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers. We do provide clinical placements to Master of Social Work (MSW) programs.
Level 4, Russell Building
89 Norman Street, Sarnia, Ontario N7T 6S3
Hours & Contact
Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Tel: 519-464-4400, Ext. 5376