Speech-language pathology provides assessments and therapy to individuals from the community who require therapy as a result of impairments with swallowing, motor-speech, language, cognitive-communications, voice and/or fluency.
With a patient/family centered approach, the main objectives of the program are:
• Completion of Modified Barium Swallow (MBS) studies in conjunction with Diagnostic Imaging staff
• Completion of formalized testing protocols with therapy to follow as appropriate/necessary
• Provide individuals with necessary links to community resources
• Provide feedback to the individual and his/her physician re: appropriate follow up/recommendations
Who provides this service?
SpeechLanguage Pathologists and if appropriate, a Communication Disorders Assistant.
• Stroke and brain injury
• Degenerative conditions such as Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
• Voice and fluency disorders
• Conditions impacting swallowing ability such as cancer, dementia, COPD, etc.
This program is funded by OHIP. A referral form must be completed by your primary care provider (physician or nurse practitioner). The referral form is available below.
Communications Disorders (Speech Language Pathology - Outpatient service)
Level 2, Norman Building
89 Norman Street, Sarnia, Ontario N7T 6S3
Hours & Contact
Programming available weekdays, 9:00 am until 4:00 pm.