Bluewater Health’s Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centre offers safe, timely and supportive response to victims of sexual assault and domestic violence.
Our specially trained team of doctors and nurses are dedicated to providing comprehensive care for patients who have experienced a recent sexual or domestic assault, 24/7. This service is available to all individuals.
Patients' options are explained to them, and may include:
- Crisis intervention, medical care and treatment for injuries as required.
- Medications to help prevent the transmission of sexually transmitted infections and pregnancy as required.
- Photographic documentation of injuries as required.
- Sexual Assault Evidence Kit and examination as appropriate.
- Safety planning.
- Contact with police, but only with the patient's permission.
- Referral to community agencies for counseling, shelter or legal services.
- Follow-up care for medical concerns and injury documentation.
To access services from the Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centre at Bluewater Health:
- Come to the Emergency Department at Bluewater Health in Sarnia.
- Call the Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centre at 519-464-4522, Monday to Friday from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Call switchboard (ext. 0) and ask to speak to the sexual assault nurse on-call after 4pm Monday to Friday and on weekends.
Please click here for a list of local resources and websites for victims of sexual or domestic abuse.
Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centre
Level 2, Norman Building
89 Norman Street, Sarnia, ON N7T 6S3
Hours & Contact
Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
After Hours and weekends
Present to the Bluewater Health Emergency Department at the Sarnia site
Tel: 519-464-4400 dial “0” and ask operator to speak to Sexual Assault nurse on-call