Bluewater Health is gradually re-establishing services and programs at the hospital to meet the community’s healthcare needs and protect the health and safety of patients and staff. Several changes have been implemented at the hospital in response to the COVID-19 pandemic to keep our patients, staff and hospital environment safe.
You will see physical changes to protect the health of patients and staff, such as how people move through and wait in the hospital to allow physical distancing, as well as increased cleaning. Staff in all areas of the hospital are wearing masks unless they are alone in a room with the door closed or in a designated eating area, appropriately distanced. It is expected no more than four people will share an elevator.
The hospital’s current visitor and family policy is on our website. We are temporarily limiting visitors and family members of patients to prevent transmission of the virus. There are exceptions to allow one essential support person identified during the appointment booking. Please read more here.
Patients will receive instructions on where to park and enter when your appointment is booked.
When arriving for appointments please note the following:
- Arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. If arriving earlier, you may be asked to remain in your car or a suitable location to ensure we are able to maintain physical distancing inside the building.
- Enter the parking lots off Maria Street in Sarnia and Dufferin Avenue in Petrolia to park – at this time parking is free.
- A greeter will welcome you outside the entrance.
- Hospital staff will ask you to provide appointment information.
- Screeners will ask you about any new cough, fever, or shortness of breath, and whether you’ve been directed to self-isolate over the last two weeks.
- You will be given instructions about how to safely move through the hospital.
- We will provide you with a mask. You will be expected to wear the mask for the duration of your time in the hospital.
Entering the Hospital in Sarnia
Patients may enter the hospital through the main entrance at the main/visitor parking lot or through the entrance in the underground parking garage. Enter either parking lot off Maria Street.
Entering the Hospital in Petrolia
You will be given instructions on entering the hospital at time of booking.